Monday, June 23, 2008

Successful Cooking Day

I didn't have to work today for the first time in forever so I decided to go to an early morning yoga class and then spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

For dinner I made Thai Beef Taco with Lime and Cilantro Slaw. I seriou
sly LOVE cilantro, it's just so refreshing! They were really good, sort of like everything I've been
 making recently! All the smoke alarms in the house decided to go off while I was cooking them which drove me a little insane since I didn't know how to turn them off and just had to wait it out. When they finally stopped it was like this eery silence. They were really easy to make but unfortunately resulted in lots of dishes for me to clean which is always a bumm
er.



Now on to dessert---another success. Chocolate Banana Cake. Yum, yum, yum. These were so light and fluffy and the banana flavor was really prominent. I think next time I would add some
 walnuts to make it even better. I think these would also be delicious as muffins!


And at some point during the day I made it to Starbucks and bought this:



I love coffee and all things coffee-related. I mean how can I pass up a travel mug that looks just like the paper cups. 
This is perfect because 1) I'm trying to be more "green" and now have a mug to tote along with my reusable grocery bags that I'm annoyingly insistent about my family using. 
2) Starbucks gives a discount if you bring your own mug
3) It's just too darn cute




1 comment:

Aliza said...

Love the mug, tacos look delicious, not such a fan of the banana chocolate cake, but hey, it does look pretty moist. Maybe I'll try it? :)