Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chickpea Cutlets

Marni returned home from Italy/Greece late last night so in honor of her homecoming I decided to make a vegetarian meal. Now I knew that it had to be something full of protein or else I would be hungry 10 minutes after eating, so beans were a must. I did some blog browsing and settled on Chickpea Cutlets from Veganomicon. Not only a veggie meal, but a VEGAN one at that---who would have thought. I picked up the necessary ingredients at the store today and was surprised at how quickly this meal came together. It was actually really simple to make, and kneading the dough was pretty fun! I baked them rather than frying and cut down on the amount of olive oil that the recipe calls for. The patties were really dense and filling which was good, but they were a little bit dry for my liking. Everyone seemed to enjoy them though. With the chickpea cutlets I roasted up some brussel sprouts and broccoli which are always delicious.


And look what came in the mail today! 
The electric Bodum milk frother. And the verdict is...Even BETTER than the manual one. Seriously this thing is amazing, the milk frothed up better than any I've ever had at home or from a professional coffee shop. Excellent. Seriously, go buy one right now, you won't regret it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. i have been mustering the strength to bite the bullet and spend $25 on "veganomican" for a month now. i really think those chickpea cutlets just convinced me. typically when i attempt to make things with chickpeas, they crumple into a mess, but those look both sturdy and delicious. it looks like it would make a great sandwich.
2. milk frother. how have i never thought about this? it's genius. i need one.

-leigh

ps: thank you for reading my blog. i really want to use a happy face emotocon right now, but i'm stopping myself.

Aliza said...

Wow. I'm still not sure how I feel about this electric milk frother, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try it.