Thursday, July 10, 2008

Easy Does It

I took the easy route with eating today, and didn't do anything too extravagant. Don't worry, it was delicious nonetheless.

Breakfast was the usual: banana wheatberry oatmeal. This time made with unsweetened chocolate almond milk as well as skim. This made it extra creamy and gave it a really nice hint of chocolate.

Unfortunately, even with my magical wheatberries, my stomach wouldn't stop growling all day. Here's my theory: When I exercise first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (like today) and then eat breakfast, I am always starving the entire day. Even right now, at 10pm after a full day of eating, I still feel like a bottomless pit. If, on the other hand I eat, wait, then exercise, I'm fine. Unfortunately scheduling doesn't always allow for this. Maybe I'll try eating something small (aka mini clif bars which were last week's obsession) and then having a little bit smaller of a breakfast afterward? We'll see.



After lots of errands, including a trip to the grocery store (the employees are starting to know me there, it's a little embarrassing. Especially with the people giving out samples. I hope they don't think that I just come in to get free food, which really is only party true...) Anyway, I was really hungry for lunch and for some reason eggs seemed really appealing (easy and quick!). I had some scrambled eggs with cheese, basil and cilantro flakes, alongside an Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin English muffin. 

This was my first time trying these and OMG are they good! A million times better than silly Thomas EM. The flavor was great, the texture was great, and the raisins were super sweet and chewy. What a perfect, simple lunch.

And then I forgot to photograph the rest of my food. oops, I'm still new at this!

Snack was fruit and yogurt (back to the gala apples though--I need to go to WF and get more of those Jazz babies) 

My tummy was grumbling all during yoga (it was a little embarassing when everyone is quiet and your stomach is yelling) and I was just not in the mood to go home and make an extravagant meal. So instead I made a 2nd trip to the grocery store (quick hello to Barb, the watermelon sample lady) and picked up a salad from the amazing salad bar. Seriously this thing is great, I'd say it's about 88% as good as the WF ones.

Dessert was my absolute favorite treat, but I'm a little ashamed to admit it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE rich chocolate cake, fudgey brownies, and moist carrot cake, but save those for special occasions. For just an average night: Dairy Queen Soft Serve Vanilla. I don't know what it is, but that stuff just tastes so good to me. I'm sure it's filled with all sorts of artificial crap that I don't really want in my body but I just can't contain myself around it. If I'm feeling really adventurous I'll add on cookie dough pieces, but usually plain is perfect. I know I'm crazy, but it's an obsession.

2 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

MY OBSESSION? No fancy pants gelato. Ew. I seriously have never liked Gelato. It isn't cold enough and it's like melted ice cream which I find gross. Haha. I LOOOOOVE Mcdonald's soft serve vanilla cones. Simple, ABSOLUTE HEAVEN and about 150 calories according to Women's Health Mag. Regardless, I wouldn't give a crap if it were 300, I adore it and enjoy it whenever my tummy tells me to! :) DQ is out of this world though. And truth be told, you eat healthily everyday, as habit, so to treat yourself to your favorite little happy prezzie every once in a while? I think that IS beyond healthy. Really, I think that's what keeps us young and vibrant! :)

Anonymous said...

Hurray for unsweetened chocolate almond milk! It's one of my favorite additions to oatmeal :o)

That's so funny that we both had ourselves some soft-serve yesterday! I actually don't think it's that bad for you - it's better than Ben & Jerry's, that's for sure!!

Mmm I love Ezekiel English muffins! I've never had the cinnamon raisin kind though - I bet it would taste great with the cinnamon raisin peanut butter!

Can't wait to see your lunch today! It made me smile that you thought of me :o)